November 19th, 2017
Details | Register | Prizes | Q & A
Homebrew Competition Details
- All homebrewers and homebrew clubs are invited to enter the competition and participate in the event.
- Registration is free for both the Peoples Choice Competition and the Judged Competition.
- You are required to bring a full 5 gallon keg or equivalent in bottles for each entry you would like to exhibit and enter into competition. (You will likely bring home some beer especially if we have a lot of entries for guests to sample.)
- Limit 2 entries per brewer
- All styles of beer, cider and mead are accepted
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be awarded for the overall winners of the judged competition and incredible prizes for the peoples choice winners. ( Last years 1st place prize was a fully loaded 15 gallon Spike brew kettle)
- By registering, bringing and serving your entry to the exhibition you will receive a tasting glass and admission for free.
- You should arrive early to ensure you can setup and get your age verification wristband and tasting glass.
- If your brew name or type should change please email TBHI@pubguild.com so we may update the tap list and ensure we can print you an updated placard.
Registration is open through November 15th 2017.
Note the registration is hosted by Google. If your workplace or network admin blocks Gmail, Google Apps or Google Drive you will need to register from home or a personal mobile device. Thank you.
Q & A
Q: What time should I arrive TBA?
A: Please arrive promptly at 1pm to ensure you can get in place and setup.
Q: Do I need to bring a table?
A: No. We will have tables setup in the parking lot when you arrive. However if you or your club have a tent / quick shade you will want to bring it.
Q: Do I need to bring equipment, ice, CO2?
A: If you have equipment you are encouraged to bring it with. However if you don’t have serving equipment we will have extra taps with ball lock fittings for you to use. It would be best to bring your own CO2 or partner up with another brewer. Ice will be provided.
Q: I have a pin lock keg do you have equipment?
A: All equipment provided at the event is ball lock. If you have pin lock you should plan on bringing at the very least your CO2 and a pin lock liquid out fitting.
Q: Will you have rinse water?
A: Yes. We will have kegs filled with filtered water for rinsing glasses around the festival.
Q: What if it rains?
A: The event is rain or shine.